Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Federal Court Dismisses
Lina Joy's Appeal
To Drop Islam In IC

PUTRAJAYA, May 30 (Bernama) -- Azlina Jailani, the woman who converted to Christianity, today failed in her appeal to get the Federal Court to compel the National Registration Department (NRD) to drop the word "Islam" from her identity card.

In a 2-1 majority decision, the court ruled that Azlina, 42, who changed her name to Lina Joy, should obtain a Syariah Court order confirming her apostasy before the department could delete the word.

Chief Justice Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim said the NRD had the right to require Lina Joy to produce an order from the Syariah Court to confirm that she had renounced the Islamic religion if she wanted to delete the word "Islam" in her identity card.

Justice Ahmad Fairuz and Federal Court Judge Datuk Alauddin Mohd Sheriff rejected the appeal while the Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak Datuk Richard Malanjum gave a dissenting judgment.

Lina had appealed to the Federal Court after the Court to Appeal in a 2-1 majority decision on Sept 19, 2005, prevented her from deleting the word "Islam" from her identity card on the grounds that her renunciation of Islam had not been validated by the Syariah Court or any other lawful Islamic authorities.

She made the appeal to the Appeals Court after the High Court in April 2001 ruled that as a Muslim she could not renounce Islam and that the matter of renunciation must be decided by the Syariah Court.

Lina named the Federal Territory Islamic Affairs Council, the government of Malaysia and NRD director-general Datuk Wan Ibrahim Wan Ahmad as the respondents in her appeal.

On Feb 2, 1997, she applied to the NRD to change her name to Lina Joy on the grounds that she had converted to Christianity but it was rejected on Aug 11, 1997.

Her second application to the NRD to change her name in Nov 1999, however, was approved but the new identity card issued listed her as a Muslim.

- BERNAMA May 30, 2007


‘Group Led Us To Renounce Islam’

Seven university undergraduates who had renounced Islam after being courted by an organised movement which used a non-governmental welfare organisation as a front.

The undergraduates gave similar accounts of how the movement, which was supposedly involved in welfare and community activities, offered help and cooperation to them.

The ‘welfare’ movement would impress on the undergraduates of the ‘negative’ aspects of Islam and how a certain religion was more ‘liberal’ and ‘forgiving’. Members of the movement offered money, treats and even love to make the mostly female students feel indebted and eventually convinced them to renounce Islam.

The seven undergraduates, however, admitted that they left Islam unwillingly.

He cited an example of an undergraduate of a university in the Klang Valley who felt indebted to the movement which paid for her studies and rent.

On weekends, Hanafi said the undergraduate was invited to participate in “welfare” activities and earned RM100 daily.

He said the movement raised certain issues to confuse the undergraduate about Islam and influenced her to leave Islam.

“After leaving Islam, she was asked to distribute religious brochures at Dataran Merdeka.

The Star, Monday, May 21, 2007


Swiss Against The Minaret

Minaret a symbol of aggressive Islam. The largest political party in Switzerland's parliament has begun a campaign to ban the building of minarets, saying the minaret is not necessarily a symbol of worship but a symbol of Islamic law.

"The move has shocked Switzerland's 350,000 Muslims, many of whom have been campaigning for decades for more recognition for their faith. In theory Switzerland is a secular state, whose constitution guarantees freedom of religious expression to all. In practice however mosques in Switzerland tend to be confined to disused warehouses and factories.
Across the country, there are only two small minarets, one in Zurich and one in Geneva, neither of which are permitted to make the call to prayer. In Switzerland's capital Berne, the largest mosque is a former underground car park."
[Read how the Swiss view Muslims here].

We think that the developed Western world is more tolerant to religious diversity. No way. But if the minaret is on the riyals and dinars - and Muslim sheikhs and oil-rich countries bank in billions of Euro and USD's worth in Swiss banks - I don't think the Swiss banks will be concerned.

http://rockybru.blogspot.com Tuesday, May 29, 2007

2 comments:

Mika Angel-0 said...

Mika Angel-0 said...
where row
where row
where row

Read akadirjasin.blogspot.com!!!

Kuda Kepang,

"Red84 said...
Datuk Abdul Kadir Jasin
Salaam

Dtk Ruhanie Ahmad - Owner of Blogs Kuda Kepang, Mayaputera, Cyberprince and Global Partner
: Bloggers' Ethics

Datuk,

I have been posting comments on these blogs regulary for quiet sometimes now under my pseudonym Mika Angel-0.

What I would like to bring to your attention is that some of my postings on Gerbang Ruhanie (at kuda kepang.blogspot.com) - all those comments posted earlier than January 2007 - have been tampered with. 'Mika Angel-0 said' has been substituted with 'Anonymous said'.

I find this quite strange: why would anyone do that to one particular blogger's postings and not to the other few bloggers' postings. It beats me how one can do that.

The bigger issue here is not that but is Ruhanie Ahmad a trustworthy man? I have been pondering this question for quite sometimes.

Well, if I am very much mistaken this man hates Tun Mahathir but he pretends to admire him. This is just heresay.

I do hope you will reply to this one query - more on the fact of his rapport with Tun Mahathir; but please delete this posting to you, Datuk.

If I am right of my suspicions of him - ie that he is untrustworthy - just say That is Dumb of you Red84; and if I am wrong - Dumber still.

Terima Kasih.

11:12 AM "

I submit the following to you as an example:

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bush Hubungi PM
Bincang Pergolakan
Politik Lubnan

WASHINGTON: Presiden Amerika Syarikat, George W Bush dan Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi membincangkan perkembangan terbaru di Lubnan yang menghadapi masalah politik berikutan usaha pembangkang menjatuhkan pentadbiran pimpinan Perdana Menteri, Fuad Siniora... Abdullah memberi pandangan selaku pengerusi Pertubuhan Persidangan Islam (OIC) yang mempunyai 57 negara anggota... Dua pemimpin itu juga membincangkan isu program nuklear Iran, kata Fratto tanpa memberi penerangan lebih jelas butir perbincangan... Iran pula meneruskan program nuklear. – AFP/Reuters

http://www.bharian.com.my/m/BHarian/Saturday/Nasional/20061216110520/Article/

Posted by Kuda Kepang at 5:19 AM


11 comments:

malaysia said...
This post has been removed by a blog administrator.
6:42 AM

malaysia said...
This post has been removed by a blog administrator.
12:38 AM

Anonymous said...
YB

Bertuahlah negara Malaysia tersayang sehingga ada yang mahu meniru-niru kejayaannya walaupun hanya sedikit cerdik-cerdik Pak Pandir bersorak.

Ya! Malaysia Berjaya!
Sorak ramai-ramai. Mari!
Mari kawan-kawan kita
tengok siapa kena!

Halalan-toyyiban?
Mau ratah pun ratah lah
tak berbismillah pun
apa kira.
Orang malaysia ikut Imam Mudhari.
Tapi Nomber Dua saya punya!!!
et tu, brutus?

10:35 AM

malaysia said...
This post has been removed by a blog administrator.
7:02 PM

Anonymous said...
Thank You Malaysia!

mememang betul ramalan
toyol Ruhanie
najib balik kampung
tanam jagung!

nyata Malaysia
benci najib.

thank you brutus!

8:09 PM
malaysia said...
This post has been removed by a blog administrator.
10:09 PM

Anonymous said...
Status Report
(Tolong Bagitau PM)

dah check
GPS, labu-labu, C4
all working ok!
tapi ini kokak punya kapal
bukan macam Cobra Sultan itu
ini kapal banggap
untuk orang macam bangau main biola
kapal bau keju hapak
sambil menyelam minum air
kapal selam jaga PM
dengan topedo, tomahawk dan
tombak megat karat
right behind
directly astern!

tapi kena tabik sama
- three fingers salute!
pada PM dan
topi perancis cap kepala ayam
hats off to malaysia
dapat naik kapal layar
belayar
into the sunset

periscope up!
angle right!
PM has the com!
Dive, dive, dive!

kalau dah habis ratah
jangan lupa
alhmadulillah!
baru bukan
toyyiban taliban

10:47 AM

malaysia said...
This post has been removed by a blog administrator.
1:47 PM

malaysia said...
This post has been removed by a blog administrator.
5:57 AM

Anonymous said...
TOLONG FIKIRKAN APA SUDAH JADI....BUAT MALU ORANG MELAYU

Pusat Bandar... Nampak macam hebat sangat la depa

10:39 PM
Mika Angel-0 said...
Mika Angel-0 said,

Ya! Malaysia Berjaya!
Sorak ramai-ramai. Mari!
Mari kawan-kawan kita
tengok siapa kena!

thank you brutus

Status Report
(Bagitau PM)

Ahh,
do you really know Tun Mahathir
kuda kepang? Sure you do!

Mika Angel-0
(May 30th, 2007)

9:23 AM



I will let you figure out which are the comments by Mika Angel-0.

Something for your thesis, kuda kepang.

The moral here: Blog or comment at your own peril: caveat emptor!

Sekian

Mika Angel-0
May 30th, 2007

heresay: The fact A. Mad Ronny writes under the pseudonym thegreatteadrinkerdownsouth

where row
where row
where row

cyberprince said...

Bung Mika

Terima kasih.

Allow me to re-emphasize here that I am one the local bloggers that strongly propagate and advocate cyber freedom. I am also very concern about cyber ethics.

That being the case, your complaint(s) against me posted through Datuk A Kadir Jasin's blog which you re-posted them here, really come as a big surprise to me.

I remember the first time I spotted your name and comments on my blogs - all blogs that I have on this blogsphere - was when you said something to tease me why should I choose the name kuda kepang. Then, I responded by having a special post about you. Before that, I don't know you do exist in this blogpshere.

After reading your complaints yesterday and today - 31.5.7 - I remember what happened to you coincided with the period when I myself was facing cyber attacks from unknown parties. If you care to trace my older postings, you can verify that I was facing series of attacks - through viruses of course - to the extent I have to reconfigure my computer. And it took me almost 10 days to figure out what went wrong. The result of diagnosis conducted by ICT professionals found out that I was being attacked by more than a dozen viruses. About six of them already controlled my postings and comments. The rest were aimed to make surfers difficult to access my blogs. They practically took charge of my computer's system administrator.

I therefore feel sorry that your postings, Bung Mika, are among the victims of those attacks.

I noticed that even now I found out that some postings in my blogs are being deleted by the system administrator. For sure, I am not the system administrator.

I tell you why. I am not a fully literate ICT guy. I only know how to write and post my articles. I only learn to interact with you and other surfers since about three months ago. That was after some friends reminded me that I should interect with you all. They were the ones who taught me how. Beyond that, I do not know anything. I don't even know how to correct my own comments to the extent there were time I have to make a fresh comment just to correct one silly spelling mistake. I think you did notice that don't you?

So, Bung Mika, please accept this explanation. You don't want me to say DEMI ALLAH I don't do what you perceived me of doing - deleting your comments and changing your identity from MIKA to ANONYMOUS.

I know you were angry. I will feel the same if I am being treated like that. But, this is the problem we bloggers, may be bloggers like me only, are facing. There are elements out there who tampered with my own blogs. Yes, I will include this in my thesis about blogging in Malaysia. Thank you to you for highlighting this problem, though in an indirect manner.

About me and TDM. I just want to tell you that the market and gossips might have moulded your perception about me on TDM. For your records I have always admired TDM from my student days in 1969 until today. TDM knows that. I don't want to say more than this. Just enough for me to let you know that your perception is not true.

Sekian sahaja dari saya kali ini Bung Mika. If I can get a favour from you, please alert me when you encounter the same problems "related to cyber ethics in blogging" in the nearest future. This message too is meant for other regular visitors to all my blogs.

Thank you and salam takzim,

Ruhanie Ahmad